Our Participants From AFAAS
Dr Fadlullah Olayiwola, Issa is a Principal Extension Specialist in the National Agricultural Extension and Research Liaison Services (NAERLS), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
Fadlullah obtained his PhD in Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology and Masters in Journalism from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria; MSc in Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology from Olabisi Onabanjo University; and Masters degree in Agricultural Policy and Administration from the University of Ibadan.
Dr Issa worked with Lagos State Agricultural Development Authority as extension worker from 1997 to 2009. He joined the service of NAERLS in 2009 as an Extension Specialist. He also lectures in the Departments of Agricultural Extension, Sociology, and Vocational and Technical Education in Faculties of Agriculture, Social Sciences, and Education, respectively of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
His research and development work delves into the uptake and dissemination of agricultural innovations in smallholder farming systems; participatory extension as well as sustainable agricultural policy. He has participated in several international and multidisciplinary development research projects. He is a member of many professional associations including AESON, RuSAN and NIFAAS. He has over 100 publications in both local and international journals.
Dr Issa is a seasoned extensionist and rural development expert. He is married with children.
AFAAS - Cameroun
Marc Ghislain Bappa Se is a Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist. He’s currently the lead consultant supporting the development of the WFDFI’s Knowledge Hub and the Cameroon Youth Initiative for Rural Development Team Technical lead that is providing support services for the development of the upcoming 2021 Africa-wide Agricultural Extension Week e-platform, organized by AFAAS.
Prior to those roles, he joined the Independent Development Evaluation Department (IDEV) of the AfDB as Knowledge Management, Communication and Events consultant. During his years of services at IDEV (2019-2021), he contributed to the production of over 20 evaluation reports, developed over 20 evaluative knowledge products, and led/supported in the organization of over 10 internal and/or widespread knowledge sharing and learning events. With more than six years of professional experience, Mr. Marc Ghislain Bappa Se also worked with other development organizations at various levels including CTA ACP-EU and FTF Africa Lead II Program.
He is member of different professional networks such as YPARD global, KM4Dev, CAMFAAS and is the Communications, Information and Knowledge Management focal person of the West and Central African Network for Agricultural and Rural Advisory Services.
He holds a Master of Science in Biotechnology from the University of Yaounde I, Cameroon.
AFAAS - ADPLAC - Horn of Africa.
I am a senior manager technology partnership at digital green foundation Ethiopia seconded for ministry of agriculture extension directorate. Currently I am Consulting Ministry of agriculture, extension directorate in digitalizing agricultural extension and advisory services. Previously, I was an ICT specialist at agriteam Canada and wireless core network specialist at ethio-telecom.
With more than 13 years of intensive experience in all application, software, hardware, database, networking, web mastering and development, cloud computing, information and communication-related issues.
Added to my educational qualifications, i.e. BSc in Computer Science and MBA in Project Management.
AFAAS - Malawi
Aubed Kang’ombe Zulu is a passionate Agricultural Extension Professional with a Bachelor Degree in Agricultural Extension which he obtained from Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources. Throughout his career he has worked as a Secondary School Teacher he also worked as Extension Methodologies officer at Lilongwe Agricultural Development Division management unit for three year and then joined Malawi Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services as Communication Information and Knowledge Management Facilitator.
He enjoys working with stakeholders in Advisory services, ranging from farmers to extension specialists, sharing knowledge and exploring great innovations in advisory services that widens outreach and promote livelihoods of farmers and foresight in Extension.
AFAAS - Uganda
Elizabeth is an agricultural extension professional with close to 10 years of experience working in a range of agricultural related fields. Currently, she works at Makerere University as the project manager for the Gender-responsive Researchers Equipped for Agricultural Transformation (GREAT) project. She is also a Board member at the Uganda Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (UFAAS), where she also volunteers in the Communication, information and Knowledge Management Unit.
Her work experience ranges from promotion of agricultural inputs/agribusiness in the private sector, project administration management, research and communication work with interests in gender, ICTS, communication, human nutrition and adult learning. She holds a Masters’ degree in Agricultural Extension Education from Makerere University, and a Post-graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management from the Uganda Management Institute.
(Email: email@example.com )
Our Participants From ASARECA
Our Participants From CCARDESA
Centre Coordinator of Technology Transfer and Partnerships
• Head of Technology Transfer and Partnerships at the Centre.
• Coordinating and implementing agricultural shows, exhibitions, conferences, seminars, symposiums and study tours.
• Documenting the inventory of available technologies on respective commodities at the Centre.
• Developing and maintaining database of agricultural technologies.
• Transferring appropriate agricultural technologies, innovation and good management practices to stakeholders.
• Strengthening research collaboration and networking with other institutions Preparing manuals, guidelines and standards for delivery of agricultural research services.
• Promoting sharing and exchange skills and knowledge on agricultural
• Establishing and/or strengthening partnerships and resource mobilization among actors along the value chain.
• Production, promotion and dissemination of user friendly communication products.
• Provide capacity building on technologies and technologies transfer approaches.
CCARDESA - Mozambique
EDUCATIONAcademic InstitutionPlaceDegree ObtainedYearFromUntilUniversity of QueenslandBrisbane, AustraliaMaster of Business20042005Eduardo MondlaneUniversityMaputo, MozambiqueDegree in Agronomy (Rural Engineering)19871992Agricultural Institute of ChimoioChimoio, MozambiqueCertificate in Agricultural19841986Agricultural School of InhamússuaInhambane, MozambiqueCertificate in Agricultural19811983
III. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Full time activitiesFrom Until OccupationPlacePrincipais Responsabilidades20192021Focal point of Information, Communication and Knowledge Management in Mozambique for CCARDESA/SADCIIAMCoordinate and execute the communication activities planned under the Information, Communication and Knowledge Management System implemented by CCARDESA in the countries of the SADC region20182021Researcher at the Center for Socio-Economic Studies (CESE)IIAMDesign and conduct socio-economic studies in the context of agricultural research and technology transfer20182021Executive Secretary of IIAM Technical-Scientific CouncilIIAMCoordinate the execution of the activities of the Technical-Scientific Council20062018Head of the Department of Documentation, Information and CommunicationIIAMPlan, coordinate, execute and evaluate the Department's activities19952004Trainer in Agriculture and Rural DevelopmentCFADesign, conduct and evaluate training courses in agriculture and rural development
CCARDESA - Eswatini
• Knowledgeable in Agroforestry, Agricultural Entomology and Pest
Management, Plant Pathology and Disease Management, Weed
Science, Post-harvest Crop Protection, Seed Science, Natural Resource
Management, Soil Chemistry and Soil Fertility, Soil Science, Soil
Pedology, Soil Management, Plant Nutrition, Crop Breeding and Plant
Genetics, Plant Biotechnology, Cropping Systems in Semi-Arid Tropics,
Crop physiology in Relation to Agricultural Productivity, Extension
Education, Rural Social Change, Farm Management, Farm
Mechanization, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Sugarcane Production
and Management, Cereals and Grain Legume Crop Production, Irrigation
Agronomy, Research Methods and Experimental Designs.
• Conducting Research and Analyzing Data using Statistical Software’s.
• Conducting laboratory analysis and reading data in the Atomic Absorption
Spectrophotometer, Jenway Flame Photometer and Biochrom
• Conducting Extension work and farm management.
CCARDESA - Zambia
October 2013 -to-date - Agricultural Information Officer (National Agricultural Information Services - Ministry of Agriculture)
The National Agricultural Information Services (NAIS) is a specialised information wing of the Ministry of Agriculture, whose main role is that of supporting the extension services of the ministry through the dissemination of agricultural information through the mass media. NAIS is also the Public Relations wing of the ministry. Among the main functions of NAIS is the dissemination of agricultural technical information to the rural communities with the aim of achieving the national development agenda through rural development in general and agricultural development in particular. The overall mission of NAIS is “to promote the adoption of proven agricultural technologies by small scale farmers through the use of the mass media in order to enhance the adoption of improved farming methods as a way of increasing their production and productivity.”
Information & Public Relations Officer | Ministry of Agriculture
- Produce targeted messages to specific audience through various radio programs to reach intended audience
- Liaise with the media to disseminate information on Ministry of Agriculture products and services
- Work with departments to package messages for information dissemination
- Do media plan for Ministry events such as World Food Day, National Agricultural show
- Utilize social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to establish and maintain dialogue with the public and reach new audience
- Write content for website and social Media platforms
- Assist in Organizing promotional and Publicity Events(open days, kgotla meetings, taking Ministry services to the people)
- Stakeholder engagement
- Content manager for Government of Botswana Portal under ministry of Agricultural Development & Food Security
- Securing sponsorship for two live radio programs (Bread Basket, Agri-Feature) at an amount of P 324 000 at no cost to the Ministry
- Introducing a talk show called Agri-Feature on Rb2 which is targeted at youth and contemporary adults in Agricultural sector in 2014 after realizing the need to increase channels of information dissemination.
- Content development and audience segmentation of Live radio programs
- Part of Government of Botswana Enterprise Architecture Team (GBEA) that seeks to realign business functions of Departments, Ministries and Parastatals in order to consolidate/ link IT systems for efficiency in the workplace.
- Part of the e-Government team for the Ministry of Agriculture, that identified services to be atomized and offered online
- Part of a team that translated all Ministry of Agriculture Publications (guidelines, brochures) into Setswana for uploading into the Government of Botswana Portal
- Social media reporter for Annual General Meeting for The Centre for Coordination of Agricultural Research and Development for Southern Africa (CCARDESA) and for SADC youth in Agriculture summit hosted in South Africa
- Facilitating the Establishment of Botswana Young Farmers Association, that advocates for youth in Agriculture
Our Participants From CORAF
Fort de 08 ans d’expériences comme chargé de recherche et 2 ans comme ingénieur d’étude à l’ISRA, d’un an comme responsable R&D et communication au sein d’une ONG, je suis chargé de Recherches CAMES depuis 2017. J’ai acquis des compétences avérées en communication et valorisation pour avoir aidé plusieurs institutions et sociétés à mettre en place
des supports de communication diversifiés. J’ai investis de mon temps pour apprendre à concevoir et à réaliser des sites web à partir de divers outils technologiques. Je suis également co-promoteur d’un journal en ligne très influent et à cet effet, je suis membre de l’association sénégalaise de la presse en ligne.
Graduate Assistant, University of Ghana. Legon-Ghana (2016 - 2017)
Key Skills gained:
- Tutorial sections (quantitative methods, sociology of science and research methods)
- Oral Presentations
- Field data collection, analysis and report writing
Tigo Advisor (Customer Service Representative) Millicom Ghana-Tigo. Accra-Ghana (2014 - 2015)
- Oral communication skills
- Team work
National Service Personnel, Science and Technology Policy Research Institute (CSIR STEPRI). Accra-Ghana (2013 – 2014)
Projects involved in:
- Diffusion of Innovation in Low Income Countries, in collaboration with the University of Oxford and the CSIR- STEPRI, Sponsored by the University of Oxford. • Business Opportunity Identification Survey, in collaboration with the Rural Enterprise Programme and the CSIR-STEPRI, Sponsored by the World Bank and African Development Bank.
- African Science Technology and Innovation Indicator (ASTII) Survey, in collaboration with the CSIR-STEPRI and the Ghana Statistical Service and Sponsored by the African Ministerial Council on Science and Technology (AMCOST).
- Global Impact Study into Public Access to ICT (Investigating the Impact of Public Access to ICT, in collaboration with the CSIR- STEPRI and the University of Washington and Sponsored by the University of Washington.
- Collecting and entry of field data
- Team work
Field Assistant, Praisel Consulting Limited, Accra-Ghana (2008 – 2009)
- Data Collection for N-1 highway construction. Sponsored by Millennium Development Authority (MiDA).
- Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies en sciences biologiques appliquées (option physiologie
animale), Université de Ouagadougou. Janvier 1995.
- Diplôme d'Ingénieur du Développement Rural; option élevage. Institut Développement Rural.
Université de Ouagadougou. en Juin 1993.
- Diplôme de maîtrise des sciences et techniques du développement rural. Université de
Ouagadougou. Juin 1992.
- Diplôme d'Etudes Universitaires Générales; mention Sciences Biologiques. Université de
Ouagadougou. Juin 1990.
- BAC série D obtenu au Collège Protestant de Ouagadougou en 1988.
- Stage de deux semaines (1997) en Insémination Artificielle à l'IDR (formation continue).
- Stage de onze (11) mois (1994-1995) ayant abouti à la rédaction du mémoire de D.E.A.
(Thème: effet de l'alimentation sur la croissance des génisses de race zébu peul sahélienne).
- Stage de dix (10) mois (1992 - 1993), au C.R.T.A. et INERAIP A - Farako-ba, ayant abouti à la
rédaction du mémoire (thème : Effet de l'alimentation sur la pathologie de la Trypanosomose
Animale Africaine chez les chèvres Djallonké et les chèvres sahéliennes).
-Stage de trois (3) mois (1991), au Programme de Développement des Animaux Villageois,
(thème: étude de la réponse immunitaire à un vaccin (contre la maladie de Newcastle) préparé à
partir de la souche V4 et distribué par voie orale).
2017 to date Mater of Philosophy in Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology. Njala University (awaiting viva & result)
2010-2012 Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), Fourah Bay College, University of Sierra Leone
2005-2006 Master of Science in Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology, Njala University.
1998- 2002 Bachelor of Science in Agriculture General, Njala University College.
- 2013 to date (Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer)
Responsible for tracking and assessing all institutional and donor funded project implemented at the center (NARC). Collecting, analyzing and reporting of routine center activities on regular bases.
- 2003 – 2013 (Assistant Teacher) United Methodist Secondary School for Girls
Responsible for Mathematics student for Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE)
- Abdul Rahman Conteh, Alusaine Edward Samura, Emmanuel Hinckley, Osman Nabay and Mohamed Saimah Kamara. (2017). Identifying the potential of some heavy metals toxicity in urban and peri-urban cropping systems in Sierra Leone. Journal of Agricultural Science and Practice Volume 2. Page xx-xx. Published xxth September, 2017 ISSN: 2536-7072. Article Number: JASP-20.08.17-059 integrityresjournals.org/jasp/index.html
- Osman Nabay, Martin Koroma, Adolphus Jeremy Johnson, Emmanuel Sahr Hinckley, Gibrilla Dumbuya and Jebeh Samba-Bakar. (2020). Assessing the likelihood of adoption of orange-flesh sweet potato genotypes in Sierra Leone. Vol. 12(1), pp. 50-58, January-March 2020. DOI: 10.5897/JDAE2019.1117. Article Number: 585585763325. ISSN 2006-9774. Copyright ©2020. Author(s) retain the copyright of this article. http://www.academicjournals.org/JDAE
- Osman Nabay, Abdul R. Conteh, Alusaine E. Samura, Emmanuel S. Hinckley & Mohamed S. Kamara.. (2017). Farmers’ Perspective on Sociological and Environmental Issues of Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture: A Case Study from Western and Southern Regions of Sierra Leone. Received: February 3, 2017 Accepted: March 22, 2017 Online Published: June 15, 2017. doi:10.5539/jas.v9n7p186 URL: https://doi.org/10.5539/jas.v9n7p186
- Emmanuel S. Hinckley, Adolphus J. Johnson, Abdul R. Conteh (2020). Farmers’ perception and knowledge assessment in the adoption of SLARI-released improved cassava varieties - A case study of Moyamba and Bonthe districts of southern Sierra Leone. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science (IOSR-JAVS) e-ISSN: 2319-2380, p-ISSN: 2319-2372. Volume 13, Issue 10 Ser. II (October 2020), PP 39-46 iosrjournals.org
Bandiougou DEMBELE, PhD Agricultural Economist
Institute of Rural Economics (IER)/Mali
Chef de Projets :
2016-2018: Test d’introduction du niébé et de la dolique dans les exploitations agricoles pour
la production animale en zone péri urbaine de Mopti, de l’Institut d’Economie Rurale (IER) au Centre Régional de la Recherche Agronomique de Mopti (CRRA-Mopti. - Focus groupe discussion sur les systèmes de production agricole (cultures, élevage,
gestion de ressources naturelles) en utilisation la méthode Active de Recherche Participative (MARP) ;
- Etude sur la chaine lait en dans la zone d’étude du projet ; - Situation de référence sur les systèmes de production agricole et socio-économiques
dans la zone d’étude et - Test de production de fourrage et test de rationnement économique.
2013-2015 : Mise au point des techniques de production et utilisation de légumineuses
fourragères dans les systèmes de production en zone cotonnière du Mali de l’Institut d’Economie Rurale (IER) au Centre Régional de la Recherche Agronomique de Sikasso
- Situation de référence sur les systèmes de production agricole en zone du cotonnière
cas du bassin cotonnier (systèmes de cultures, systèmes d’élevage ; intégration
culture-élevage et socio-économique).
- Test de production de fourrage pour la production de lait et viande ;
- Test agronomique de l’effet de cultures sur le rendement de culture (maïs)
2009 – 2010 : Chef projet « Caractérisation et amélioration du système d’élevage de la chèvre
de Boureïssa dans la région de Kidal » au CRRA de Gao (IER)
- Caractérisation sur les systèmes d’élevage de chèvre de Boureïssa dans la région de
MEMBRE DE L’EQUIPE DE RECHERCHE DES PROJETS ET RESPONSABILITE
2020 - 2023 : Amélioration des pratiques agricoles permettant d’accompagner
l’intensification agro-écologique » Projet d’Appui à la Transition Agro-écologique du
Système de Production en zone cotonnière (AgrEco), APCAM, CMDT, IER, et CIRADFrance.
- Diagnostic des pratiques innovantes des producteurs, et des systèmes de culture et
d’élevage pratiqués par des femmes ;
- Situation de référence sur les systèmes de production agricole en relation avec
l’agriculture écologique en zone cotonnière ;
- Membre de l’équipe de modélisation de systèmes production agricole…
2019- 2020 : Agriculture urbaine et impacts nutritionnels, sanitaires et environnementaux à
Bamako, Institut d’Economie Rurale (IER), Institut de Recherche pour le Développement
(IRD-France) et Université des SSG de Bamako
- Situation de référence sur les systèmes de production cultures-élevage en zone
périurbain de Bamako ;
- Analyse de la filière aliments concentrés (industriels) et fourragers.
- Gestionnaire de la base donnée.
2016-2017 : Etude des causes de mortalité des veaux dans la région de Sikasso de l’Institut
d’Economie Rurale (IER) de Centre Régional de la Recherche Agronomique de Sikasso,
- Analyse de la situation sur les causes de la mortalité des veaux en zone cotonnière du
2014-2017 : Projet d’Appui à l’Amélioration de la Gouvernance de la Filière Coton dans sa
nouvelle Configuration et à la Productivité des Systèmes d’exploitation en Zones Cotonnières
du Mali, PASE II (Volet Recherche – Développement) AFD (France), regroupant l’IER, le
CIRAD, l’APCAM et le CNRA.
- Situation de référence sur les systèmes de production agricole en zone cotonnière et Office
de la Haute vallée du Niger (OHVN).
- Responsable de la gestion de la base de données.
2015-2017 : Amélioration des rendements des céréales sèches en zone Mali – Sud par la
Gestion Intégrée de la Fertilité des Sols à base des plantes fixatrices d’azote » l’Institut
d’Economie Rurale (IER) au Centre Régional de la Recherche Agronomique de Sikasso
- Diagnostic participatif de l’état de lieu de fertilité de sols, contraintes, opportunités…
2012-2013 : Projet de Gestion Durable du Bétail Ruminants Endémique » (PROGEBE) sur la
gestion environnementale des ressources naturelles à l’échelle communale volet Recherche –
- Diagnostic participatif de la situation sur les ressources naturelles et bétail endémique
(Bougouni, Yanfolila et Kita)
- Mise en place de Cadre Concertation Villageois (CCV) pour la gestion de ressource
naturelle et la protection de l’environnement.
Spécialiste en Communication, Blogueur & Reporteur-sociaux, Analyse informatique, gestion de
base de données et Analyse-traitements de données statistiques.
Élaborer des stratégies de communication, Élaborer de plan de communication ;
Définir le cahier de charge des services de l’information ; Suivre et évaluer des activités de
communication ; évaluer l’impact du système d’information ;
Concevoir et élaborer des dossiers techniques de programmes et projets ;
Concevoir et élaborer des logiciels de gestion de bases de données relationnelles ;
Maîtriser la mise en œuvre des systèmes de gestion de base de données ;
Maîtriser le système d’information géographique (SIG);
Connaître les différentes architectures matérielles ;
Concevoir des algorithmes et programmes ;
Connaître les concepts et techniques d’architecture des systèmes et des réseaux ;
Analyser les systèmes de gestion informatique ;
Installer et mettre l’ensemble des matériels systèmes et réseaux au niveau des stations ;
Assister les utilisateurs dans les domaines matériels et outils bureautiques ;
Savoir mener une consultation auprès des fournisseurs ;
Savoir rédiger des notes techniques et des supports de formation ;
Savoir gérer les relations avec les utilisateurs ;
Traiter et analyser des données statistiques
Janvier 2002 à ce jour
Agent Contractuel d’Etat (Documentaliste-Archiviste) à l’Institut National des
Recherches Agricoles du Bénin (INRAB), Cotonou (République du Bénin).
Depuis juin 2020, j’ai été nommée chef Division Information
Documentaire et Gestion des Connaissances. A ce titre, je suis chargée de :
(i) acquérir, traiter et diffuser l’information documentaire (physiques et
électroniques) aux Usagers/Clients ; (ii) rendre accessible le fonds
documentaire sur les services fournis par l’INRAB ; (iii) assurer la gestion
informatisée du fonds documentaire de l’INRAB et de ses structures
déconcentrées ; (iv) assurer la veille documentaire aux usagers/clients ;
(v) assurer la capitalisation des productions scientifiques des chercheurs ;
(vi) inventorier, collecter, traiter, conserver et mettre en place une
politique de communication sur les archives (archives courantes et
intermédiaires)et des savoirs de l’INRAB ; (vii) assurer la gestion
informatisée des archives et des savoirs de l’INRAB et (viii) piloter le
système intégré d’archivage numérique et de dématérialisation des
01 BP 884 Cotonou (Bénin)
Tél. bureau : (229) 21 30 02 64
Tel. Portable (229) 96 95 09 95
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
documents et autres productions intellectuelles de l’INRAB et de ses
Juillet 2001 à mai 2002.
Stagiaire au Centre de Documentation- Documentation (BIDOC) de la Faculté
des Sciences Agronomiques (FSA/ Université d’Abomey-Calavi).
Juillet à août 2000
Stagiaire à la Cellule Communication et Information de l’Office des Postes et
Télécommunications (OPT) du Bénin. J’ai participé à la mise en place en place
du service d’archives et du centre de documentation dudit Office.
Our Participants from YPARD Africa
YPARD Africa - Kenya
Accomplished and diligent professional with 9+ years of experience in training, coaching and advising
agribusiness entrepreneurs both within the urban and rural settings, providing them with the knowledge
to effectively start, grow and restructure their enterprises. Experienced in designing projects, providing implementation oversite and managing portfolio coupled with complementary and evaluative methods to assess implementation performance to improve project results delivery.
Strategist adept at aligning business goals with
solutions to drive process improvements, competitive advantage and bottom-line gains. Builds and maintains a loyal client base through strong relationship-building skills, and excels at devising strategies for increased revenues. Possesses strong organizational and time management ability; skilled in planning, scheduling and meeting deadlines. Excellent communicator; leverage technical, business and financial acumen to communicate effectively with client executives and their respective teams. Trains and mentors’ individuals to enable them reach
their potential and add value to the organization.
Miss Phidel Hazel is currently an Information Management professional with the United Nations High Commission for Refugees where she supports in establishing and maintaining an information management network and facilitates humanitarian information exchange as well as promotion of data and information standards.
Prior to the above, Phidel was a Programme Executive at Retouch Africa International, a consultancy firm specializing in Agricultural Policy and Institutional building, with an expertise in Project/Program development and Implementation, Strategic planning, Project/program Documentation and Environmental management as well as Knowledge management. She holds a Masters degree in Monitoring and Evaluation in addition to a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Monitoring, Planning and Management.
Phidel is a member of a professional youth networks such as – YPARD and is the Country Representative for Kenya, Africa – Korea Agripreneurs Business Network that promotes knowledge sharing and business collaboration between African and Korean agri-business entrepreneurs. She is also a member of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP) Youth Network seconded by the Africa Union that seeks to engage African Youths into the implementation of the CAADP Agenda.
YPARD Africa - Ghana
I continue to works with various NGOs and Private Companies in rural and urban communities to enable farmers to develop profitable and sustainable business models, access competitive markets and facilitated business network and linkages in knowledge and information managements with focus on social enterprises and youth agribusiness incubation development that lead to over 200 youths and women business in Ghana and some part of Africa countries. My work experience has exposed me to both subsistence and commercial farmers in innovative business developments, social enterprise developments, youth skills development and knowledge and information managements and development communicator.
My Professional Experience in Youth agribusiness Skills Development & Communication specialists:
With experience working with Footprints Bridge International (F-BRIDGE) is registered social enterprises limited by guarantee and focuses on building sustainable businesses as well as developing the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Headquartered in Ghana, F-BRIDGE has offices in five other African countries, since 2017 as Digital innovation and communication strategist and rural Youth and women business development program lead.
I have supported the establishment and management of more than 90 Skilling centers in Agribusinesses, Agri-institutions and Secondary schools across the country. These are mandated to provide practical skills training, social enterprises developments coaching, business development, pre and post training coaching and mentorship and job placements in order to foster mindset change and ultimately youth employment within the agriculture sector.
As communication and knowledge information elected members for African Youth in Livestock, fisheries and aquaculture Incubation Network (AYL-FAIN) a projects or network under AU –IBAR with 55 member states of Africa Union (AU). While be volunteers and member working with of this organization like YALI Follow, Godan alumina, YPARD Ghana, AAIN, Ahaspora Mentor; Open data and farm data sharing scholar, Dels Foundation etc...
My goal is to continue develop and leverage on modern technology to aggregate, store and disseminate relevant and timely knowledge and information data useful to the development of social enterprises for rural youth and women in community developments in Africa especially in Ghana and Africa at larage.
Currently studying organizational development at Clark Atlanta University, respectful had my master’s degree in agribusiness and rural economic developments in 2019 and developments communication in 2020 in GIJ, Ghana. Hence participants’ on other training and skills that I received certificate from CTA, FAO, AAIN and related agriculture organization
YPARD Africa - DR Congo
I’m laureate of the Youth as Change
Agents Academy at African Union (DRC-AU) and expert on Strategic Engagement and Capacity Development of Youth in Agri-preneurship for Technology Adoption. I’m a Technical advisor in Agriculture and an expert in Security Management in a
humanitarian mission through BIOFORCE
institute. Agronomist A0 (Bac+5), I am member of
the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) and the Africa Community of Practice on Forgotten/Underutilized Food Commodities, with an experience in Sustainable Financing of Research and
Innovation to Improve the performance of Africa Food System as part of the Science Days for UNFSS.
I was involved in the performance evaluation of the Food Security Project (FSP-ENYANYA) of the consortium Mercy Corps and World Vision International in the territory of Kalehe in South Kivu/DRC. Motivated and dynamic, I can easily into a
work team through my interpersonal skills.
I am highly skilled and experienced in Accounting, Leadership, Banking, Customer Service, E-banking, E-channels funds transfers, International money transfers, Risk and Compliance in the money transfers business.
I am a young Ugandan leader, presently serving as the supervisor for Money Transfer Services of Diamond Trust Bank, an agripreneur, Banker, Social Entrepreneur, Climate Activist. Team Leader of YAFRA Uganda, a social enterprise supporting and promoting climate action and agriculture among Youth, Communications Manager YPARD Uganda, Head of games and sports at Diamond Trust Bank-Uganda, a member of the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), a nominee for the Africa Youth Awards 2016 (Social Entrepreneur of the year)/ 2017 (Youth Empowerment Award). I am a contributor on Uganda's top online magazine, Chimpreports.com, writing on youth, agriculture and climate issues. I am self-driven and believes in a change that impacts all members of the community.
YPARD Africa - Ghana
Summary of Experience:
Zinabu Abdulai is an effective team leader with strategic management skills with more than 10 years of experience in the agricultural value chain, crop production, enterprise development, agricultural advisory services and training facilitation. She has conducted projects in both crop production and livestock value chain processes. She has worked as an advisor to a number of agricultural enterprises in the area of production, marketing, and business plan development. She has also worked as a training facilitator to a number of local, national and multinational development organizations in Ghana including: 4-H Ghana, Ministry of Food and Agriculture, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), and Forum for Agricultural Research Africa (FARA).
April 2018 to Date National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO) – Knowledge
In this position, the following are under my jurisdiction including; Implementing NARO
knowledge management policy frameworks, developing appropriate knowledge sharing
platforms among NARO and stakeholders, conducting and updating knowledge mapping and
audit, identifying, capturing, documenting and disseminating good practices, successes and
failures and lessons learned from managing and providing research services. Other duties
include coordinating the capture and codification of process flows. Where possible, tacit
knowledge and creation of knowledge repositories and systems to facilitate reuse of
June 2017 to March 2018 National Crops Resources Research Institute (NaCRRI) Co – PI
Project: Developing a compendium for NAROs success stories since 1992.
Inventorising NAROs success stories since 1992 as well as a compendium of verified successful
interventions for eleven commodities.
June 2014 to June 2017 National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO) – Knowledge
While serving in this capacity, I was responsible for guiding NARO in the formulating and
implementation of a knowledge management policy and strategy. A NARO wide Communication and
Knowledge Management strategy was developed and ratified by both NARO top management and
the Governing Council waiting to be rolled out for implementation.
Communication and knowledge management implementation guidelines were also developed and
are yet to be presented to top management.
I was also responsible for implementing appropriate knowledge sharing platforms and establish and
coordinate knowledge sharing activities, conducting and updating knowledge maps and audits.
In order to achieve the above, I established four on line knowledge sharing platforms whose content
was monitored and updated on a regular basis. These platforms combined have attracted over seven
thousand (7,000) online followers who are interested in NAROs undertakings and the numbers
continue to grow.
I was also in charge of conducting and updating knowledge maps and audit using appropriate tools
With regard to the above, i was able to coordinate and establish NAROs communication and
knowledge status through conducting a knowledge audit. The finds from this audit exercise
informed the communication and knowledge management strategy.
Journal Manager (UJAS) – I served in this capacity for two years to date and during my term, the
journal attained an e- ISSN, it acquired a creative commons licence, it went on line being hosted by
Agricultural Journals On Line (AJOL) based in South Africa and also got an official journal web page
and email address. The journal was able to publish six (6) issues too.
Work plan coordinator – In this capacity, I served for one and a half years and was responsible for
consolidating all directorate work plans and thereafter submit to the central planning and monitoring
and evaluation office.
Eric Nyikwagh is a passionate food security expert whose focus on the rural and semi-urban communities has turned into a passion to create healthy livelihoods for the lower class of the Nigerian society through social entrepreneurship
He has gained rich technical experience and extensive exposure having worked in development and humanitarian space for the past eight years in Nigeria . Eric has co-implemented a variety of high impact projects across several organizations such as YPARD, CRS, Enactus, HarvestPlus and NCRI Badeggi.
Eric advocates for increased youth engagement in agricultural development, agricultural value chains and policy using his position as the Country Representative of Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD) Nigeria
Eric is adept at working with national and international organizations to create viable and scalable solutions to fight poverty, hunger and unemployment especially among women and youth populations. He is a young leader committed to actualizing the agenda of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Eric was selected as a participant of the Knowledge Management for Agricultural Development (KM4AgD) Challenge in Africa.
Eric is a great team player who displays emotionally maturity at managing cross-sectional relationships. He has successfully navigated the complexities of multinational and multi-cultural work environments.
As a Personal Development trainer, Eric commits his expertise, skills and experiences towards building the capacity of young professionals to become impact-driven leaders. He recently published a book on Amazon titled 'Unveil Your Influence'.
His educational background as an agricultural economist and MBA holder places him at a vantage position to proffer practical solutions to community based socio-economic challenges.
Eric has spoken at local and international fora in the areas of agripreneurship, youth mentorship and agricultural development.
Eric is an excellent writer and he emerged as a winner for the blog competition on digital extension services organized by CGIAR Platform for Big Data in Agriculture
He is a member of the professional associations notable among which are Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD), Nigerian Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (NIFAAS) and African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS)