FAQ -KM4AgD Challenge
KM4AgD stands for Knowledge Management for Agricultural Development. It is deliberate approach by FARA and partners to build appropriate capacities, establish communities of practice for Knowledge Management and strengthen mechanisms for knowledge generation to accelerate the achievement of the CAADP Malabo goals by 2025 and the SDGs by 2030. The Challenge is implemented through an integrated, strategic, educational and transformational approach and it is a lighthouse project for knowledge-based development in AR4D in Africa. It will take place annually in a growing number of countries.
The 2021 challenge shall address 3 key questions about knowledge management in agriculture in Africa.
1. What is the state of agricultural KM practices, challenges and solutions in your Country/Network/Organisation?
2. What are the capacities, skills and extent to scale to enable the achievement of the Malabo goals?
3. How can KM influence policy and how can policy direction support the advancement of KM?
it will take place between September and November 2021. The kick off meeting will be on September 8 and the training and mentorship will be from September 13 to November 30.
The KM4AgD Challenge is organized by FARA in collaboration with AFAAS, ASARECA, CCARDESA ,CORAF, YPARD Africa and K4DP
1. Fully sponsored training in Knowledge Management by renowned experts
2. Award of a recognized Certificate by leading AR institutions and Universities in Africa
3. The participating universities shall accredit the KM4AgD Challenge for postgraduate studies in Knowledge Sciences, which shall start in 2022 at selected Universities
4. Visibility of your publications
5. Full Sponsorship to participate in a face to face Conference in December 2021.
6. Become a member of the KM Community of Practice providing foresight for CAADP-XP4 Institutions and NARES.
Over 30 Renowned experts and practitioners in Knowledge Management have been drawn from the Knowledge for Development Partnership(K4DP)
Knowledge Management Conference
The KM conference will occur on 6th to 10th December.
it is a hybrid conference. The physical venue will be announced soon.
a. Sponsored Participants from the KM4AgD Challenge
b. Self-Sponsored Participants – Any AR4D institution or individual(CGAIR,FAO,NGO’s,NARS etc.) can express interest through [email protected]
The conference is organized by FARA in collaboration with AFAAS, ASARECA, CCARDESA and CORAF.